Some time ago, my college roommate and I made a list of things to do before we die. One thing on that list was to find 100 of our favorite inspirational quotes and share them with the world.
If you're a reader or a writer, then you can appreciate the affect that words sometimes have when strung together in the right way. Words can be very powerful!
The best kind have a magical ability to enlighten you with passion, desire, inspiration, and motivation if used in the right context. Now, I've been working very diligently on my quote list for the last 6 years, and so far I've found 54 very powerful statements that I never want to forget. These words have made me reflect on who I am, remember who I want to be, and they have given me the inspiration to reach my goals.
Of course, they may not have such a strong affect on you, but I'll just share my favorites anyways. I hope that you can find some motivation in them as well!
1. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough”
~ Mae West ~
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr. ~
3. "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
~ Ernest Hemingway ~
4. "Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
~ Benjamin Disraeli ~
5. "Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money."
~ Indian Proverb ~
6. "The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.”
~ Ernest Hemingway ~
7. "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."
~ Albert Einstein ~
8. "You can desire. You just can't be attached to desire. It's about living in the moment and enjoying the attempt to realize your ideas, while at the same time letting go of the need for a positive outcome."
~ A Human of New York ~
9. "Climb mountains not so the world can see you but so you can see the world."
~ An Unknown Wise Thinker ~
10. “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow
~ Eden Phillpots ~
Hope you enjoyed my words to live by! If you have any additions, comment below.